If we work together and enter into a contract (standard for editing services), I collect the following information from you:
- Your legal name
- Your pen name, if you’re using one
- Your address
- Your email address
- Other information that allows me to communicate with you, if necessary (for example, your phone number if you prefer to speak on the phone, or your Skype username if we talk via Skype)
All this information remains confidential unless you give me your explicit consent to share it or if I'm legally required to do so. I don’t share your information with anyone and won’t sell it to anyone. The information I collect is solely to provide the necessary components to a contract and/or to communicate with you.
Any files (manuscript drafts, contracts, etc.) that we share are saved on a secured computer and hard drive. These files are confidential and are not shared with anyone.
I use the following services to store data:
- Google Mail is my email provider. There's a two-step verification process, and I access it only on password-protected devices.
- PayPal is my payment service and is password-protected.
- Dropbox is used for storing large files that are too big to transfer via email. It's registered on the Privacy Shield.
If you have any questions about how I collect, use, and save personal information, please feel free to get in touch here!